So I played around with Typescript and ended up making a clone of the board game Risk.
I have no idea what the proper project structure is for a Typescript project, nor do I know how to properly do version control with it. I suspect you’re not supposed to commit the .SLN file, but I can’t say that this project is important enough, or that I’m motivated enough to find out right now.
But yeah. Feature wise it’s complete, although I made a few sacrifices such as a lackluster UI, and I opted to allow infinite moves per turn. I think in the official version you can attack an unlimited amount of times a turn, but only move an army to a friendly territory once per turn.
This concession was made entirely for the AI, which I still need to finish. I imagine it won’t ever be good, but I think it’ll be all right once I finish up the code for making the AI capture a continent if it determines it has the numbers to do so, and spreading its armies better across continent chokepoints. There’s also one bug that I’ve encountered and need to squash, where occasionally territories won’t change owners after an attack. I’ve looked into it and I have absolutely no idea why that’s happening.
I’m thinking I’ll spend a few hours over the next week on finishing that up. This weekend, though, I’m going to continue to work on my eternal struggle, It Always Ends In Nuclear War. I think I have to occasionally take a break from working on It Always Ends In Nuclear War and do these smaller projects, or I’m going to lose my mind.
Copyright © - Daniel J. Petersen